Best known for its sous vide cooking devices, Anova is raising the curtain on its countertop Precision Oven, touted by the company as the first combination convection-steam oven or “combi oven.”
The new Wi-Fi connected oven allows the home chef to control temperature and humidity through its dedicated steam boiler. Cooking with added steam prevents the water content of foods from evaporating, making sure flavor and nutrients remain.
Additionally, the oven’s “sous vide mode” provides the benefits of cooking sous vide-style but without the bag or water bath.
“Since Anova’s inception, our mission has been to make it simple to cook like a pro by taking pro-level tools and techniques and making them affordable and easy to use through great design and connectivity,” said Stephen Svajian, CEO and co-founder of Anova.
The Precision Oven is also equipped with several key features that include:
- Three different types of temperature sensors to ensure precision temperature
- An attachable food probe to monitor foods’ core temperature
- True steam injection for baking artisan bread at home
- More than 24 hours of continuous steam cooking from a single water tank, and easy refilling, even during cooking
- Connected, multi-stage cooking and guided recipes within the Anova Precision Oven app
- Oven controls available right from the handle in a sleek, integrated display
“Combi ovens aren’t a realistic option for the average person because they typically cost thousands of dollars and aren’t designed to fit into a home kitchen,” said Svajian. “We knew that there was a better way. And after four years of challenging ourselves to develop an oven so precise and advanced that it deserved the Anova name.”
The oven has a suggested retail price of $599 and is available at anovaculinary.com.