The holiday shopping season is well underway and consumers looking for a gift or an item for their own kitchen have a plethora of kitchenware items from which to choose at retail.
For those with a home chef in their family, the gift of kitchenware is one that is welcomed. To help find the right culinary product, Consumer Reports in its December issue complied a list of “Gifts For $50 or Less” with food and beverage prep products well represented.
We have listed the kitchenware products on the list below and included insight from Consumer Reports.
- Cravings by Chrissy Teigen Enamel Coated Cookware, $39. CR Insight: Touted as a smart gift for steak lovers, the 11-inch cast-iron skillet earned an “excellent” rating for searing meat.
- Cuisinart Power Advantage HM-50 Mixer, $40. CR Insight: Among the positives of the mixer is its ability to “power through” cookie dough and quickly whip cream.
- AmazonBasics Non-Stick Kitchen Cookware Set, $50. CR Insight: The 15-piece proprietary-branded cookware set is said to have a durable non-stick coating and even cooking and simmering.
- Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus DLC-2A Food Processor, $40. CR Insight: The 3-cup chopper is said to combine good value with solid performance. It can handle a variety of ingredients from almonds to onions and grating hard cheeses.
- Oster Designed for Life TSSTTVDFL2 6-slice countertop oven, $45. CR Insight: The unit received “excellent” baking ratings in CR cookie and muffin tests.
- Professional Series toaster PS77411, $20. CR Insight: The toaster is said to make excellent toast, whether you prefer your slices to be light or dark brown.
- Primula Burke Cold Brew Coffeemaker PBPBK-5101, $25. CR Insight: One of the less expensive cold brew models in CR’s ratings, the unit receives an “excellent” rating for convenience.
- Black + Decker Teal Wave 7-Quart Slow Cooker, $40. CR Insight: A simple turn of the dial can lead to a great beef stew. Other positives include a keep warm setting and a dishwasher safe ceramic stoneware insert.
- Proctor Silex 26070 Belgian Waffle Maker, $25. CR Insight: Earned an “excellent” rating for even browning and is said to perform “very well” for a budget model.