With the end of a summer like no other drawing to a close, Behr Paint is looking toward next year with the unveiling of its Color Trends 2021 Palette.
Featuring 21 versatile shades spanning from essential neutrals to lavish bolds, the colors will allow homeowners to create energizing, yet comforting new focal points, Behr officials said.
The palette was curated to help do-it-yourselfers and designers level-up their color discovery process, embrace the latest design trends and transform tired spaces into welcoming havens.
“This has been a year of unpredictability and 2020 has significantly changed our relationship with our home,” said Erika Woelfel, vice president of color at Behr. “When our color team began exploring a palette for the coming year, we knew it needed to be grounded in what we’ve been craving: comfort and personalization.”
Woelfel said a new, “elevated” articulation of ‘comfort’ goes beyond traditional beige, gray and green hues, and embraces color in a way that can redefine and enhance any type of space inside or outside the home.
The Behr Color Trends 2021 Palette is organized into six color themes: Casual Comfort, Optimistic View, Subtle Focus, Calm Zone, Quiet Haven, and Outdoor Escape.
Each theme evokes positivity in a variety of design styles, and each color was chosen for how it complements other colors—meaning, you can mix and match colors from each of the themes to suit any design aesthetic.
- Casual Comfort: Light and cozy neutrals offer an updated take on the casual farmhouse look, achievable with warm-toned hues like Almond Wisp PPU5-12 and Sierra N240-4.
- Optimistic View: An eclectic mix of bright, luxe shades evoke a Mediterranean or ’70s glam vibe, featuring festive colors like Saffron Strands PPU6-02 or Kalahari Sunset MQ1-25.
- Subtle Focus: Soft pastels like Seaside Villa S190-1 and Wishful Green M410-2 are inspired by modern versions of art deco design and styling.
- Calm Zone: Nurturing blues and greens continue to trend alongside our society’s desire for self-care and wellbeing, with colors like Jojoba N390-3 and Voyage PPU13-07 creating calm, restorative spaces.
- Quiet Haven: Darker, evocative colors are fit for traditional and maximalist décor, with hues like Royal Orchard PPU11-01 and Broadway PPU18-20 at the forefront.
- Outdoor Escape: Any shade from the BEHR Color Trends 2021 Palette can be used to add curb appeal and expand your home’s livable space, such as Barnwood Gray PPU24-07 or Cellini Gold HDC-CL-18.
To learn more about the palette, visit Behr.com/2021Trends.