KitchenAid’s newest dishwasher features a unique third rack that is designed to provide consumers additional loading options to free up space for larger items.
The 44 dBA is equipped with the FreeFlex Third Rack that accommodates 6-inch glasses, mugs, bowls silverware and cooking tools freeing up room below for pots, plates and bowls.
“The latest dishwasher with the FreeFlex Third Rack can keep up with their biggest and most unique cooking endeavors,” said Megan Pirri, senior brand manager of KitchenAid Major Appliances. “We want makers to spend time in the kitchen achieving their culinary pursuit, not cleaning dishes.”
The FreeFlex Third Rack is said to be the largest third rack available. It features rotating wash jets to clean items in the rack, a drying bar to wick moisture away from the rims of glasses and a removable utensil tray for cooking tools.
The latest dishwasher with the FreeFlex Third Rack includes the following:
- Advanced Clean Water Wash System: Circulates clean water to dishes in all three racks. Microfiltration continuously removes food particles during the wash and rinse cycles and allows dirty cookware and delicate glassware to be washed together in the same load. Plus, the filter requires no routine maintenance.
- Quiet Cleaning at 44 dBA: Provides quiet cleaning without compromising performance so there’s no need to wait to run a wash cycle while entertaining or enjoying meals, even in open concept kitchens.
- Fan-Enabled Prodry System: Combines a heating element and fan for optimal drying performance. It circulates hot air around dishes after the wash cycle to give them a thorough dry when using either the ProDry Option or Extended ProDry Option.
- ProWash Cycle: Uses sensors to measure soil levels throughout the cycle and adapts wash time and water temperature as needed for tough messes or lighter loads because no two meals or the dishes that result are exactly the same.
- Adjustable Middle Rack: Adds flexibility to fit tall items like a KitchenAid Stand Mixer Bowl. The rack can be lowered to place large dishes inside or raised to make room for platters, pitchers, blender jars and more in the rack below.
- Durable Stainless Steel Interior: The interior tub of the dishwasher features the beauty and benefits of stainless steel. It resists streaks, spots, stains, and odors while retaining heat to help improve drying.
- Express Wash Cycle: This shorter cleaning cycle helps to ensure you always have the dishes you need while prepping, cooking and entertaining.
- Energy Star Certified: Exceeds government standards for energy efficiency, supporting sustainability and helping to save money on utility bills.
The KitchenAid dishwasher with the FreeFlex Third Rack is also available with the additional features:
- PrintShield Finish: Resists smudges and fingerprints. The specialized coating for stainless steel is easy to clean with just water and a soft cloth, so you can spend more time cooking and less time cleaning up the kitchen.
- LED Interior Lighting: Illuminates the dishwasher when the door is open, allowing clearer visibility for easy loading and unloading.3
The KitchenAid dishwasher with FreeFlex Third Rack is available now at retail and at KitchenAid.com.