Rachael Ray Safe Following House Fire

Rachael Ray
Photo via RachaelRay.com

Celebrity chef Rachael Ray expressed her thanks to first responders following the fire that damaged her home in the community of Lake Luzerne, in upstate New York.

On her Twitter account, Ray wrote, “Thank you to our local first responders for being kind and gracious and saving what they could of our home. Grateful that my mom, my husband and my dog… we’re all okay. These are the days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not what we’ve lost.”

She added in a second tweet she lost her phone and was posting on social media through a team member. “Thank you for all the well wishes, concern and outreach, but can’t return texts and calls at the moment.”


According to a report in the Albany Times-Union, the fire started in the roof of Ray’s home and spread to the second story. Authorities are not sure what started the blaze. 

While the roof and second story were badly damaged, the first floor was reported to be in good shape and the kitchen where Ray filmed her Food Network show was also unscathed.

In addition to her popular Food Network shows, Ray has also been a fixture in the world of kitchenware for many years. Her assortments of cookware, kitchen tools and other products have long held shelf space at various major retailers.