Williams Sonoma is preparing for the holiday season by putting in place a series of steps with a focus on the health and safety of its associates and customers.
“We know how important the holidays are to our customers,” Laura Albert, Williams Sonoma’s president and CEO. “It is a time to connect and celebrate with loved ones, especially in a year that has been challenging like no other. We are adapting to our customers’ evolving needs and focusing on helping them enjoy their time at home this holiday season.”
Williams Sonoma additional services to be offered this holiday season include:
- In addition to contactless curbside pickup, Williams Sonoma will have a dedicated online order pickup queue outside the store so associates can assist customers in a quick and timely manner.
- Waiting list apps will be used to allow customers to check-in and reserve their spot in line, allowing them to leave and return when they have virtually reached the front of the line.
- Online order pickup at UPS Access Point locations.
- Private shopping appointments outside of normal store operating hours for customers who may be health compromised will be offered.
- Store associates will continue to serve customers via virtual services such as “Ask the Experts” and “Design Chat”, especially regarding Thanksgiving decorating or holiday decorating, recipe planning and cooking tips.
- Check out registers will be positioned toward the front of the stores where top gift picks are located to allow fast and efficient checkout.
- More associates will focus on serving customers and taking orders over the phone at each store.
Wellness and safety measures:
- Social distancing limitations and heightened cleaning protocols are strictly in place in stores.
- Store associates are required to pass a wellness health check prior to each shift daily.
- Store associates and customers are required to wear facial masks for their protection.